6 things mentally strong people do (spied on instagram):
- They move on. They don’t waste time feeling sorry for themselves.
- They embrace change. They welcome challenges.
- They stay happy. They don’t waste energy on things they can’t control.
- They are kind, fair + unafraid to speak up.
- They are willing to take calculated risks.
- They celebrate other people’s success. They don’t resent that success.
I dig the list, but according to its author, I’m a bit weak. I have a slight qualm with #1 and #3; one definitely needs to take time to mourn. Don’t tell yourself that since it’s been x amount of days/weeks/years that you should be over something. There is a difference between dwelling and reflecting. Reflecting provides clarity and I attest that clarity reaps healing. And I “waste” plenty of energy thinking about things I can’t control, e.g. poverty, manufactured diseases, my nephew. The list goes on! I mean, define “waste”.. If one is truly aware of all the ugly in the world, there is no way you can stay happy. It’s all in how you handle things-what you do in your power to evoke change. (Maybe that’s what the author meant?)
Anyway, now I’m asking myself why I posted this list. Are you mentally strong? Working on it?
What else would you add to it?